Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the smallest project you will undertake?
There is no limit to the size of the project as such it is a matter of complexity. Generally, the minimum undertaking is for a full room design and fitting out. Please complete thecontact page form for a no obligation conversation to discuss your project.
- How much do you charge for your services?
As every project is different a Fee Proposal is presented for your consideration and approval once the interior design services and time needed to deliver the project to the required standard using the RIBA Plan of Work 2013 is established. Typically, Stages 0 -2 Preparation and Concept Design are proposed as a fixed fee. Time is charged as used for Stages 3 to 7 from ‘Developed Design’ to ‘In Use’.
- Is there a charge for the initial consultation?To establish the brief and project requirements an initial consultation at our design studio is free of charge. Consultations are by appointment only, private parking is available. A charge to cover time and travel costs is made for site visits.The studio address is: 3-5 High Street, Theale, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5AH
- How do you choose from the huge array of products available? How do they get on the list?
We keep up to date with industry developments, trends and new collections. We select products, fabrics, finishes and furnishings that suit the scheme, solve problems and meet the brief in all respects.
- Are changes and revisions allowed for?
Yes. The design fee for the concept design stage includes for an editing meeting with you at an early stage to ensure that the design approach is correct, options and alternatives are discussed. There may be adjustments to the proposed scheme following the final presentation to take account of changes in availability of products or because we have found something that works much better! Should the design brief and scope of works be changed to the extent that a complete re-design and re-draw is required, a revised fee proposal would be issued accordingly for the new and additional work.
- Do I need to sign a contract for your services?
Yes. The BIID/ CID 14 Concise Agreement for Interior Design Services is typically used. Our Agreement sets out the schedule of services selected, my responsibilities as your appointed designer, your client responsibilities, our general trading terms and conditions. It covers appointment for interior design services only, separate contracts and agreements will need to be negotiated with your appointed architect, main contractor, other specialists and trades.
- Are your services insured?
Yes. public liability, employer’s liability and Professional Indemnity insurances are maintained.
- Do you have a signature style?
The design is inspired by you, your lifestyle and what you want. We bring style, flair, knowledge and experience to help you achieve your dream. Our ‘style’ may be summed up as ‘English Eclectic’ for urban or country living, contemporary or traditional.
- What are your design influences?
First and foremost the natural world for colour, pattern, form and texture! Every historic design style has had some influence but Pre-Raphaelite artists, Charles Rennie Macintosh, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, 1950’s and Mid 20th Century are particularly strong sources of inspiration.
- What are your environmental and ethical policies?
Products and materials are selected from ethically managed and produced sources. Traditional crafts such as upholstery and furniture making are championed as much as possible. Overseas companies and products must not involve child labour and must have child labour and Fair Trade policies in place.
Studio 12 Designs Limited is registered with Companies House Registration Number 12123842 and is VAT Registered VAT Number 333 8607 95
Studio 12 Designs was rated at the highest level for client satisfaction by the Houzz community in 2015 and 2017.